What did you guys do during the recent 2-week school holiday? We decided that now that I am no longer a slave to the company I worked for for the last 20 years that we do something different each day – and that we did! On the last leg of the holiday, we spent 4 days at Bangkok and the kids enjoyed it! I must say though that they were such excellent troopers!
The holiday wasn’t a beach / sightseeing kinda holiday. It was more of a shopping and eat-your-heart-out holiday and I was pleased that my kids did enjoy it – although they’d pick a beach holiday anytime!
So here’s a rundown of our trip to Bangkok.
1. Thank GOD for skywalks!
2. The food is sooooooo yummy! Try it all!
3. We drank a lot of coconut water during the trip. The cheapest we paid was 60baht. The most we paid for a coconut was 90 baht.
4. If you have a toddler, bring.a.stroller. A lightweight one. It is a lifesaver. You won’t regret it. The only downside to a stroller is that most of the entrances/exists at the skywalks and BTS do not have elevators nor lifts.
5. If you get into a cab, make sure the meter is ON. Otherwise Grab it. Or take the BTS.
6. When shopping, if you like it and the price is right, get it! – especially if you shop at Platinum Mall.
7. Food at food courts are generally yummy so you won’t go hungry at Bangkok!
8. Forget about Chatuchak market. Go to Asiatique instead! We took the BTS and ferry to Asiatique and we took a Grab cab back. There are lots of things to do there. Shop. Eat. Play. Drink. The ambience is lovely.
9. Bring one of those portable fans because you will need it. The skywalks are not air conditioned.
10. If you’ve kids, go to Madame Tussauds Wax museum at Siam Discovery and Sea Life at Siam Paragon. They’d love it.